Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Off to the Colorado Gold Conference soon

My relatives (parents and sister) left for Moab, Utah this morning, and the washing machine has been chugging away ever since. We had a nice visit that included two booksignings: Susan Wittig Albert at Book Sleuth in Old Colorado City (my sister is a huge fan), and my critique group buddy, Bob Spiller, with his first published mystery, The Witch of Agnesi, at Black Cat Books in Manitou Springs. Unfortunately, the hot air balloons did not launch the morning we went to the Colorado Springs Balloon Classic.

I attended my first Board Meeting of the Pikes Peak Writers last night, and the outgoing VP (who I'm replacing), Charlie Rush, brought me three copies of Frontier Airlines' Wild Blue Yonder magazine containing my short story, Power Play. What a sweetheart you are, Charlie! I was able to give a copy to my parents as a result. Friday morning, I'm driving up to Denver to attend RMFW's Colorado Gold conference over the weekend. In the meantime, I'll be practicing my talk, gathering my materials, and trying to figure out what to wear! I'l report in on the conference after I return.

No comments: