Monday, June 28, 2010

Two Tantilizing Placeholders

Every now and then, I type my name into Amazon's or Barnes and Noble's search box to see how sales are going on my existing titles (the hardcover and large-print editions of A Real Basket Case, To Hell in a Handbasket, and The Epsilon Eridani Alternative), even though they've all been out awhile and on-line sales have dropped off. I was gratified and surprised when two new listings showed up on Amazon.

The first is the large-print edition of To Hell in a Handbasket, which will be released on October 6, 2010 by Kennebec Large Print, a part of Cengage/Gale. Cengage/Gale is also the parent company of Five Star, the original hardcover publisher for the book. My author representative at Five Star had told me that she would look for a home for To Hell in a Handbasket in one of the Cengage/Gale large print lines, but she hadn't told me that she had succeeded. So, this was a really nice surprise!

The second new listing is for the first title in my new "RM Outdoor Adventures" mystery series with Midnight Ink, titled Deadly Currents, which will be released March 1, 2011. I was really surprised to see the placeholder for this title since the release date is so far off!

Now here's a special piece of trivia for my blog readers. What does the RM stand for? It stands for both "Rocky Mountain" and "Rob and Mandy." The sleuth in this series is a whitewater river ranger named Mandy Tanner, and her boyfriend is Rob. At the end of the first book, they form a joint adventure outfitting company in Salida, Colorado that will be called RM Outdoor Adventures. All of the books in the series will feature the logo for their company, designed by Midnight Ink's talented cover artists. I've seen a mock-up of the cover for Deadly Currents and am very excited about it and the logo brand for the series. I can't wait to show it to you all!

No comments: