Friday, February 11, 2011

A lovely box of books!


It's a day to celebrate! My author copies of Deadly Currents, the first book in my RM Outdoor Adventures mystery series, arrived. This is my third published novel, and if you count the large-print versions of A Real Basket Case and To Hell in a Handbasket, and my science fiction novella, The Epsilon Eridani Alternative, it's the sixth box of author copies that I've received. I'm still just as excited as when I received my first, though! The slick feel of new covers, the smell of fresh ink, and the weight of my printed words resting in my hands still gives me a thrill.

I hope you'll celebrate with me. The official release date of March 8th is getting closer...

5 comments:

Michael Allan Mallory said...

Who-hoo! It never gets old, Beth, opening that box and seeing the "real" book at long, long last. I'm gonna wait till Malice to buy one, so you can autograph it for me.

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Michael! Does that mean I have to wait until Malice to get your book, too? :) I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I'm thrilled for you. This month's budget is tight, but I'm hoping to get one of your books next month. I see they're not on Nook. I can afford to buy more books this way.
Ann Best, Author

Alan Orloff said...

Congrats, Beth!

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Ann and Alan!

Ann, Deadly Currents will be available on the Nook as well as the Kindle and some other devices. I've been told that B&N takes 2-4 weeks after the release date to get the Midnight Books up for sale on their Nook Books website.

But, it may not be cheaper for you on the Nook. I noticed that currently on Amazon, the paperback version is cheaper than the Kindle version, because they've heavily discounted the paperback.