Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shelf Awareness

For those who missed it yesterday, a photo of me in the FIBArk parade appeared in Shelf Awareness yesterday.

And if you're asking, what is Shelf Awareness, here's the scoop. It is a free e-newsletter about books and the book industry. There are two versions:

- Shelf Awareness: Enlightenment for Readers, where they list news of interest to readers and review the best books coming out each week, as selected by their industry insiders. This is a new newsletter that they just started.

- Shelf Awareness: Enlightenment for the Book Trade (librarians, booksellers, publishers, agents, authors, etc.) with news about important events in the book trade, which has been published every business day since 2005. This is the e-newsletter that contained my parade photo yesterday.

I subscribe to both. If you want to subscribe to either or both e-newsletters, go HERE.

2 comments:

Ricky Bush said...

Thanks for enlightening me about Shelf Awareness. Sounds like a great site.

Beth Groundwater said...

I hope you signed up for the free email newsletter, Ricky. I find it to be very informative.