Friday, August 02, 2013

A Duckies Trip!

Last Wednesday, I went on a duckies (inflatable kayaks) trip with a group from the Summit County Senior Center on the upper Colorado River through the Little Gore Canyon. This is a section of mild whitewater, class II and III rapids, that is ideal for duckies, especially during the low water flows of late summer. Our outfitter, KODI Rafting, took excellent care of us, and the two guides kept a wary watch on us from their rafts, which served as the lead and sweep boats on the trip. We all had a great time, even those in the group who had never paddled duckies before.

The first photo below shows some of our group (I'm wearing the yellow shorts and floppy hat in the middle) during the "safety talk." The second photo shows me in my yellow ducky, and in the third, I'm lounging in a small riverside hot springs pool with fellow paddlers.




1 comment:

ayman khlifat said...

Great Post! thank you very much