Thursday, February 20, 2014

Competing in the Summit County 50+ Winter Games

Last week, I took part in the Summit County 50+ Winter Games. Eighty-five athletes aged 50 to 85 competed in twelve events spread over two days. I competed in four events: Giant Slalom, Rally Race (ski around gates to match a time, not go the fastest), Obstacle Course (ski under, over, around and through obstacles), and the Short (1 kilometer) Snowshoe Race. I'm very pleased to report that I medaled in every event I entered! Three gold medals and one silver. Some photos are posted below.

Here I am (on the left) at the end of the snowshoe race with two fellow competitors.

Below is a group photo of the alpine event competitors. I'm second from the left, sitting on the floor.

And, here I am with medals spread across my chest with my husband, who had more competition from fellow men in his age category, so he only won one medal.


Martha Lancaster said...

You go girl!

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Martha! You should consider participating next year. You don't have to be a Summit County resident, and the events are a lot of fun.

Heather said...

Way to go, Beth!