Monday, September 22, 2014

More Hiking and Biking in Summit County

In September, I was able to fit in two of my favorite local hikes near Breckenridge, CO--McCullough Gulch and Mohawk Lakes. Below is a photo of me (in the middle) with two hiking friends, showing lower Mohawk Lake in the background.


Last Wednesday, I had my last bike ride of the season with the No Name Group--last ride for them, but not for me. I hope to be riding through the end of the month. We biked from Frisco to Keystone and back, with lovely views of gold, peach, and rose-colored aspens under a blue, blue sky with temps in the sixties. A perfect day for riding! The photos below were taken by Dick Candlemo.





2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi, love the scenery, looks beautiful and great weather. If any of you out there want to get to know the hiking and cycling options here in Colombia check out my website. I have lots of pics from treks http://www.welshviews.com/trekking.html and a blog post about one of the longest cycling climbs http://www.welshviews.com/guest-blog.html Hope you enjoy what you find. Good luck with the walks and cycling, Mark

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks for your comment, Mark!