Friday, May 11, 2007

First Stop on the VA/PA Tour: Reston

Thursday, May 3rd, I arrived at the Dulles International Airport in the afternoon, rented a car, and drove to the Barnes & Noble store in Reston, VA. I was amazed at the transformation since I'd last visited many years ago--from a sleepy suburban community to a booming metropolis, with skyscrapers even. I checked in with the friendly store manager there, Freddi, then had a leisurely dinner at Macaroni Grill before setting up for my 7-8 PM "reading." After waiting for 15 minutes or so for a small crowd of about six to gather, I read a couple of pages from A REAL BASKET CASE, then spent some time chatting with the attendees, many who drifted by later. Most were close friends that I've kept in touch with since moving away from northern Virginia, so I had a good time catching up with them, seeing photos of their kids, etc. Thanks to all of you for the copies of my book that you bought!

No comments: