Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Library Book Club and Signing in One Day

Last Saturday, I crammed two events into one day. First I lunched with the "Tainted Tea and Titles" mystery book club affiliated with the Lake George, CO library then held a lively discussion at the library itself. These women were the most inquisitive and delightful group I've talked to so far. The questions came so fast & furious that I never had to wonder what I should say next. I only wish I could have spent more time with them.

But, I had to skedaddle at 2 PM to drive to Manitou Springs, CO for a 3 PM book signing at Black Cat Books. We billed it as a "Wine and Cheese" signing, because the store has a wine bar, and the Manitou Springs wine festival was held in a park a few blocks away that day. I brought crackers and cheese, and the store provided fruit. My husband joined me there to hand out fliers to passers-by and encourage them to come inside the bookstore and "meet the local author." A few friends dropped by and bought books, and I managed to entice a few tipsy wine festival goers to buy copies also. All-in-all a very enjoyable and successful day.

No comments: