Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Fall Conferences

This month and next I will be appearing at two conferences, the Colorado Gold writers conference in Denver September 11-13 and the Bouchercon mystery conference in Indianapolis October 15-18. I'm really looking forward to connecting with old friends and making new ones at both conferences.

At Colorado Gold, I'll be signing copies of my books at the Book Sale 7:30 pm on Friday, and any other time you can catch me during the conference. Also, I'll be teaching a workshop on "Networking to Further Your Writing Career" at 9:30 am on Sunday. I'll be trying for some audience interaction with a fun exercise, so come and network with me if you're attending the conference!

At Bouchercon, I have a busy line-up. I'll be dining with the members of the 4MA mystery discussion yahoogroup Wednesday evening, participating in the Sisters in Crime librarian tea Thursday afternoon, and attending the Sisters in Crime breakfast Friday morning. And, of course, I'll attend all the social functions that are a part of the basic conference program.

On Thursday, October 15, 9:00 - 9:55 am, I'll be on the KILLER HOBBIES panel with four other crafty authors (Joanna Campbell Slan, Sally Goldenbaum, Margaret Grace, Betty Hechtman) to discuss the hobbies that drove us to murder. I'm familiar with Joanna's and Margaret's series, and I can't wait to dive into Sally's and Betty's.

Lastly, on Saturday, October 17, 10:30 - 11:25 am, I'll be conducting a workshop on making mystery-themed designer gift baskets. I'm hoping my sleuth, Claire Hanover, will coach me beforehand because she's much better at making gift baskets than I am! At least those who come will leave with a souvenir basket and a handout with tips for making future gift baskets. I'll be available to sign copies of my Claire Hanover gift basket designer mystery books after both workshops and any other time you can snag me in the halls at the conference.

3 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

the Killer Hobbies panel. Sounds brilliant! Have fun.

Maryannwrites said...

Wow, you are going to be a busy lady. Hope you will not be too busy to enjoy the Kreativ Blog Award that I am passing on to you. You do a great job of promoting via your blog while giving helpful content for visitors.

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Maryann, for the Kreativ Blog Award!
- Beth