Monday, October 26, 2009

Elizabeth Zelvin will visit my blog tomorrow!

I love hosting fellow mystery authors on my blog when they're conducting virtual book tours, though I do warn them that my readership is probably not as high as the multi-author blogs. Tomorrow, I am pleased that my good buddy and fellow Sisters in Crime Guppies member Elizabeth (Liz) Zelvin will visit my blog during her virtual tour to promote her latest release, Death Will Help You Leave Him.

In Death Will Help You Leave Him, recovering alcoholic Bruce Kohler and his friends, computer genius Jimmy and world-class codependent Barbara, investigate a murder when a friend's abusive boyfriend is found dead in her apartment. Bruce has to juggle sleuthing, sobriety, a crush on the bereaved girlfriend, and the lure of his compelling but self-destructive ex-wife, who's on her own collision course.

The series started with Death Will Get You Sober and includes three short stories, one nominated for an Agatha award, one published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, and the third in the 2009 holiday crime anthology, The Gift of Murder, to benefit Toys for Tots and to which I gave a glowing blurb. Liz is a New York City psychotherapist who has written and lectured widely about addictions, codependency, and relationships. Please visit her author website and her group blog, Poe’s Deadly Daughters.

I had fun coming up with unique questions that I thought Liz would not get from other hosts on her tour, and she told me she had fun answering them and said things she hasn't said elsewhere. You can find out about a scary incident in Liz's past and her favorite food, among other interesting facts. So, please stop by tomorrow to read the interview, post questions and comments for Liz, and talk about her books!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Zelvin said...

Thanks for the intro, Beth. You did ask wonderful questions. :) I'll try to stop by tomorrow and say hello to your guests. It's also the day of my book party for DEATH WILL HELP YOU LEAVE HIM at Partners & Crime Mystery Bookstore in New York City.

Sheila Deeth said...

Hope you have a great book party Elizabeth, and I will try to be back to meet you tomorrow.