Friday, September 03, 2010

Contest Winners!

In the month of August, I ran two contests on my blog. First was the one in conjunction with Tim Hallinan's guest appearance. He promised to send copies of his latest two releases, Breathing Water and The Queen of Patpong, to one person whose name I randomly drew from among those who commented on his post. The winner of that contest was Carolyn J. Rose, author along with Mike Nettleton of the Deadly Duo mysteries. To find out more about Carolyn, please check out her website. Also, she blogs with the other authors of MysteryAuthors.com at their group blog. I've put Carolyn and Tim in touch with each other, and I'm sure she'll be pleased with her prize.

The second contest was one I announced both here and on Inkspot, the blog for Midnight Ink authors. In an attempt to increase subscribers to both blogs, I offered a gift, in celebration of my August birthday, of free mystery books to one lucky winner whose name was randomly drawn from those who subscribed as followers of both blogs. The contest was wildly successful, more than doubling the number of Inkspot subscribers and raising mine to almost 200. I'm happy to announce that Patrick Balester, author of the mystery novel In the Dismal Swamp won that contest. To find out more about Patrick, please check out his website or his blog, Picks By Pat.

I'm pleased that all kinds of folks interested in mysteries, such as published authors, aspiring authors, and avid readers, read and follow my blog. It just happened that the two contest winners this time were both published authors. I will be running more contests around the time of the March release of the first book in my new Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures series, Deadly Currents. And, you know, I'm kinda hoping some mystery readers or aspiring authors come away with prizes from those! ;-)

In the meantime, there's one contest that's still ongoing, my email newsletter contest. If you aren't already a subscriber, please sign up at my website, on the Newsletter page. For every 100 new subscribers, I draw a name from the list of all my subscribers to win an autographed copy of one of my books and 1-2 other mystery books. Good luck!

No comments: