Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Googling Book Titles

Sometimes I'll type my name into Google to see what pops up, and if what pops up is some out-of-date information on an old website about me, I'll try to update it--or arrange to get it updated. When I Google my book titles, however, I reap more interesting results. I thought I'd share some with you, at least those that have nothing to do with the books themselves. I hope you enjoy these strange links related to my book titles, but I also hope you'll be intrigued enough to read the books themselves.

A Real Basket Case:

An article about a master basket weaver in Pinehurst, NC.

A really boring YouTube video about a cat who likes to sit in baskets.

A cartoon.

A T-shirt.

A review on how Glee went from brilliant to basket case.


To Hell in a Handbasket:

A Wikipedia article on the meaning of the phrase.

A Mother Jones article about the world going to hell in a handbasket.

A blog about a psychotronic/classics cinema experience.

The lyrics to Voltaire's song with that title.

A great quote by James St. James.


Deadly Currents:

IMDb's information about a movie of that title.

A YouTube video of a beautiful beach in Aruba known for its, you got it, deadly currents!

An article about QR codes being used to warn people of deadly currents.

An ABC how-to video on how to survive deadly rip tide currents.

An article about contaminated water killing the Yangtze finless porpoise, the last river-dwelling porpoise on the planet.


Wicked Eddies:

Information about a guitar workshop of that name in the United Kingdom.

A poem titled "Boyhood" that includes the phrase "Where unclad sin, in wicked eddies whirled!".

A fishing report from Darwin, Australia.

A ballad.

The resume of someone who is looking to crew on a boat.

No comments: