Monday, October 08, 2012

Tomorrow's Guest: Susan M. Boyer


Tomorrow, mystery author Susan M. Boyer will be a guest on my blog. Susan has been making up stories her whole life. She tags along with her husband on business trips whenever she can because hotels are great places to write: fresh coffee all day and cookies at 4 p.m. They have a home in Greenville, SC, which they occasionally visit. Susan’s short fiction has appeared in moonShine Review, Spinetingler Magazine, Relief Journal, The Petigru Review, and Catfish Stew. Her debut novel, Lowcountry Boil, is a 2012 RWA (Romance Writers of America) Golden Heart® finalist and a 2012 Daphne du Maurier finalist.

In her guest post tomorrow, Susan answers my interview questions, and I'm sure you'll be intrigued by what she has to say. Then, feel free to ask her some questions of your own in the comments.

7 comments:

Susan M. Boyer said...

Hi Beth! I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks so much for having me on your blog!

Terri L. Austin said...

Great interview, Susan! Can't wait for more Liz Talbot!

Tea said...

Hi Beth and author guest, Whenever I see the words Lowcountry, I have to stop by and read the interview or synopsis of the book. I've never been to Lowcountry, but it seems like a place that touches all the senses in a novel. I enjoyed Susan M. Boyer's blog too. I have signed on with her on Pinterest and email. Thanks for giving me a happy morning.

Susan M. Boyer said...

Terri, thanks so much for stopping by!

Tea--thank you! I've always loved the lowcountry, and so that became my literary landscape. I agree completely that it engages all the senses. I'm so happy you liked the blog--I plan to restart it in its new how in a day or so. I hope you'll visit! Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

Jennifer Tanner said...

Hi Susan & Beth!

Susan, I really, really loved your book. It was definately an up-all-night read. I loved the cast of characters, and you captured the flavor of the locale. I've never been to the South, but I felt as if I'd been transported there. I can't wait for Liz's next adventure!

Susan M. Boyer said...

Jennifer, thank you so much! I appreciate hearing that more than I can adequately express--which is a bad thing for a writer to admit. :) I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit to Stella Maris.

Side note--someone posted on Facebook this morning that my tiny imaginary island is now in Wikipedia! That was a happy start to the day. :)

Gigi Pandian said...

I'm glad to learn you're a fellow joint plotter/panster -- I thought I was just crazy ;)

Can't wait 'til I have time to sit down with your book.