Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Black Powder Pass

Last Friday, I hiked Black Powder Pass with my "Women With Altitude" group. Member Linda Carr shared some of the beautiful photos she took that morning, and I'll share a couple with you below. The trail is a 3 1/2 mile up-and-back, with about 700' elevation gain. It starts at the old railroad section house at the top of Boreas Pass near Breckenridge, Colorado, and follows a stream drainage ditch to the saddle between Boreas Mt. and Mt. Baldy that overlooks South Park County. In the photos below, I'm in front of the group, wearing a light green cowboyish hat. The photos don't do justice to the multitude of wildflowers along the way, but they show some of the views we enjoyed.





2 comments:

Heather said...

A lovely view -- would have enjoyed seeing some of the wildflowers, too. We have a lot of yellow coneflowers and wild bergamot in bloom along my favorite bike path. I set out for my usual 3-mile walk Monday evening, and it was such a fine night, and so much in bloom, I ended up doubling it.

Beth Groundwater said...

Sounds like you have some beautiful hikes near you, too, Heather!