Thursday, July 03, 2014

Hiking and Biking in Summit County, Colorado in July

I am so lucky to be able to live in Summit County, Colorado! Other people save up their money to spend vacations here, while I get to enjoy the outdoor recreation opportunities here year-round.

On Tuesday this week, I hiked with the SOB's (Summit Older Bushwackers) to Booth Falls in East Vail. The hike was a workout--1400 feet altitude gain and 4.6 miles round trip, but the falls were spectacular, as was the rest of the scenery. See the two photos below:



And today was a great day for a bike ride--sunny with temperatures in the 60s and low 70s! We rode from Frisco to Copper for the ribbon cutting of the new trail section there with our county commissioners and other dignitaries, TV and print media, and lots of other bicyclists. Then we continued to the top of Vail Pass and back (about 28 miles total, I think) and finished with a group lunch at Whole Foods. The photo below is of me and my husband at the top of Vail Pass. Notice that he made the ride on a mountain bike, which is much heavier than my road bike.


 Tomorrow, we'll watch the 4th of July parade and enjoy other festivities in downtown Breckenridge, host a cookout at our house, then watch the fireworks. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments: