Saturday, February 14, 2009

AMAZON joins the fray!

Thursday I blogged about the second book in my Claire Hanover gift basket designer mystery series, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET, being listed for preorder on the Barnes and Noble website. Today, much to my delight, I discovered that Amazon is now listing the book for preorder, too, though not yet at a sale price. I have yet to figure out what Amazon's strategy is for listing titles for sale, and my first title, A REAL BASKET CASE, has gone on and off sale (20% off list price) multiple times there.

To see the Amazon listing for TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET, go to:

Amazon listing

The publication date for TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET is May 15, 2009, so preordering it now does not mean you'll get to see a copy before then. You'll still need to wait for it to be shipped from the publisher's warehouse, starting May 15, to Barnes and Noble or Amazon, then on to you. What preordering does for me, however, is that it increases the early demand for the book, and thus influences the publisher's decision about the size of my first print run.

3 comments:

Bob Sanchez said...

Hey Beth,
I have a present for you. You can use this:
http://tinyurl.com/handbasket
to replace that ungainly url you posted.

Bob Sanchez
http://bobsanchez1.blogspot.com

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Bob! I'm still learning my way around this high-tech stuff, and I haven't played around with tinyurl yet. I'll make the substitution!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yes, always a delight to see the book appear for pre-ordering! I've got two listed on all the sites now, although Amazon has annoyingly not displayed one book's cover art yet. (The other sites have it right.)
And I HATE that "No image available" sign!
Grr! Nothing I can do but let my publisher know...

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net