Thursday, May 05, 2011

Annapolis and the Festival of Mystery

Continuing on with impressions and photos from my east coast book tour, five of us mystery authors sneaked out of the Malice Domestic conference closing tea a little early to pile into cars and drive to author Marcia Talley's beautiful home in Annapolis. She showed us to our rooms and we relaxed a bit before heading over to the Annapolis Barnes & Noble bookstore for a panel discussion and signing. The photo below shows us: Kristy Montee (half of the P. J. Parrish writing team), Rhys Bowen, Marcia Talley, me, and Elaine Viets.


After the signing, we went to dinner at Cantler's, where I indulged in one of my favorite meals, Chesapeake Bay blue crabs (see photo below).


We returned to Marcia's house for the post-signing pajama party and watched President Barak Obama present the news of Osama Bin Laden's death before heading off to bed. The next morning we drove in two cars up to the Festival of Mystery in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. The rest of the photos below are from that event.


Below, I'm with Annette Dashofy and Daryl Wood Gerber (Avery Aames). All of us have short stories in the new anthology, Fish Tales: The Guppy Anthology.


Here I am with Mary Jane Maffini and Nancy Martin.


The next photo shows me with Rhys Bowen, who was my roommate in the hotel that night after the author pizza party at the Mystery Lovers Bookshop. She also rode up to Oakmont with me in my car, and I had a great time getting to know her better--turns out our husbands are very similar in many ways. :) Isn't her jacket smashing?


Below I'm with Leann Sweeney and Marcia Talley.


And here I'm with Elaine Viets and Wendy Lyn Watson.


This last photo shows me with Tara Whittle and Lois Winston. Many, many other authors were there, but I was too busy to catch photos with ALL of them!

7 comments:

Kathleen Ernst said...

So nice to see you at malice, Beth. I hope to make Oakmont next year!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures Beth!
Glenda Stice---cozyarmchairgroup

Dru said...

One of these days I want to meet Nancy Martin.

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone! Dru, Nancy Martin was at Malice. Sorry you missed her. Next time, I'll try to introduce you two. She's a dear.

olivia said...

What a wonderful blog post, Beth! You had a chance to spend time with Rhys Bowen, who seems like the most fascinating, nicest author. I'm jealous! The whole tour looked like a lot of fun (though exhausting I'm sure.)

Congratulations on, well, everything!

Bonnie said...

Oops, I posted as my daughter Olivia. Darned google accounts. What Olivia said!

Liz said...

Enjoyed attending the Annapolis book signing. Thanks to you and your cohorts.