Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yet Another Great Review for Deadly Currents!


The spring issue of Mystery Scene Magazine arrived at my house today, and I was thrilled to see that it included a wonderful review of Deadly Currents! I'd been crossing my fingers that one would appear in the magazine ever since the reviewer, Leslie Doran, caught me at the Left Coast Crime conference in Santa Fe in March and introduced herself. She asked me to sign her ARC (Advance Review Copy) of Deadly Currents, told me she enjoyed reading the book and had just sent in her review, though she couldn't guarantee it would be accepted.

Thank goodness it was accepted! Leslie's review appears on page 59, right after the review of Michael Connelly's The Fifth Witness. Great placement! The last line of the review makes a beautiful pull quote:

"The amiable cast, along with Groundwater's fascinating firsthand knowledge of rafting, makes this a series worth watching."

((blush)) Thanks so much, Leslie! I hope my blog readers have a chance to get their hands on a copy of Mystery Scene and read the review for themselves. It's a great magazine for and about the mystery community, and I always look forward to reading the issues--even when there's no mention of me and my books. :)

1 comment:

MareF said...

I'm not at all surprised about this review. It's well deserved!