Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hunkering Down to Write

I've put myself on a daily and weekly word count schedule for my work-in-progress (Cataract Canyon, the third RM Outdoor Adventures mystery starring whitewater river range Mandy Tanner), so I won't be posting as often as I usually do to my blog. When I have something to say and some moments to type it up, I'll post an item. But otherwise, I'll spend my writing time on the rough draft of the manuscript. I plan to post daily announcements on Goodreads, Facebook, and Google+ on the words I write each day--mostly as a way to crack the whip on myself to keep on making progress. So, if you're interested in how I'm progressing, check my page on one of those social networks.

In the meantime, I could use some words of encouragement! How do you keep yourself motivated to keep on cranking out words on a long manuscript or to keep making progress on a long project? What advice do you have for me--and other writers? I'd appreciate any support or comments you have to offer. Thanks!


2 comments:

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Good luck with your planned word count! it's always good to have a plan, I think...

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Pat! And, it's good to have accountability to someone, too.