Friday, November 08, 2013

Release Day for A BASKET OF TROUBLE!


Yippee!! Today is the official release day for A Basket of Trouble, the third book in my Claire Hanover gift basket designer series. It takes place in Colorado Springs, CO, and features horseback riding and hippotherapy. Follow the link for the book blurb, reviews, excerpts, discussion questions, and "buy me" links.

A Basket of Trouble has hit ALL FOUR of the big 4 review publications (Booklist, Kirkus Reviews, Library Journal, and Publishers Weekly)!! Only one other release of mine has hit all four, and that was the first in a series, Deadly Currents. Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the reception that A Basket of Trouble is receiving from reviewers so far. Just to whet your appetite, here's a pull quote from the latest review by Library Journal:

"Groundwater’s third series entry (after To Hell in a Handbasket) is an action-packed cozy that successfully weaves in her small business and disability awareness."
  -- Library Journal, November 1, 2013

A Basket of Trouble is widely available in bookstores (If it's not on the shelf, order it!), libraries (If it's not on the shelves, request it!), and from on-line retailers, including: Indie Bound, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and direct from the publisher, Midnight Ink. Do you have any mystery readers on your holiday gift list? This book, and the first two in the series, A Real Basket Case and To Hell in a Handbasket, might be perfect for them. If you'd like signed bookplates or business cards to go with your gifts, contact me at my website, and I'll arrange to send them to you.

I'm visiting a number of blogs next week to promote the book, and I'll post links here to those guest articles as they go live.  In the meantime, here are a couple of recent interviews with me (the first one was posted yesterday) that were done for the release:

Lisa K's Book Reviews

The Big Thrill 

I'm also still visiting the Barnes and Noble mystery book club through Saturday and responding to reader questions there, and my Goodreads Giveaway contest is still running until the end of today.

I hope you'll celebrate this release with me by lifting a glass of your favorite beverage and wishing me luck. Buying a copy for yourself wouldn't hurt either! ;-)

No comments: