Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sweet Success and Savoring It


I'm well into my week of promotion for the June 8th release of Fatal Descent, the third book in my RM Outdoor Adventures series starring whitewater river ranger/rafting guide Mandy Tanner. So, I think it's time to sit back a little and savor the sweet success. And, speaking of Sweet Success, I am appearing today in the column of that name on the Pikes Peak Writers blog, Writing From the Peak.

As for what I'm doing to savor that success, I'm taking the day off from writing to pick up trash. Yes, you read that right, I'm picking up trash. My husband and I are volunteering at the Breckenridge Ski Resort to pick up trash off the mountain in the morning, in exchange for a free barbeque lunch after we finish. See our motivation?! ;-) Then, in the afternoon, we'll be enjoying the activities at the Peak 8 Fun Park for Local Appreciation Day. That includes unlimited riding on the Alpine SuperSlide, GoldRunner Coaster, Bungee Trampoline and rounds of SuperPutt!!

After all that fun, we'll move on to the Village at Breckenridge to spend a free night (which I won in an Ullr Fest fashion show in January). We'll enjoy the use of their workout/pool/spa facility and wander into town for dinner and breakfast, pretending to be tourists. By lunchtime tomorrow, I'll be back home, back at work, coming down from my fantasy day of savoring being a tourist in my home town.

No comments: