Monday, October 18, 2010

Read a Mystery in October!


Did you know that the month of October is Mystery Month? And that it's also National Reading Group Month? Bookstores and libraries across the country are scheduling mystery-oriented events for the month of October, and the Woman's National Book Association is scheduling activities to celebrate reading groups. If you're a member of a book discussion club, as I am, what better way is there to celebrate the month of October than to pick a mystery novel to read and discuss?!

So, what mystery do you plan to read in October? Let me know in the comments. For me, I'll choose one by either Louise Penny or William Kent Krueger, both of whom are on my TBR (to be read) pile.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I've been reading lots of mysteries - my favorite genre. Our book club has been reading firsts of series. This month we'll be reading One for the Money before we meet in November.

Beth Groundwater said...

What a great idea, Jody, to read the first of series with your group! Then if individual members like the first, they have a whole series ahead of them to enjoy. I hope you'll consider putting the first book of either one of my series on your group's reading list: A REAL BASKET CASE, 2007, for the Claire Hanover gift basket designer series, or DEADLY CURRENTS, March 2011, for the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures series starring whitewater river ranger Mandy Tanner. Also, I'll do Skype or speakerphone discussions with book clubs, if you're interested.