Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A REAL BASKET CASE in over 200 Library Systems!

There are two ways authors use to check the availability of their books in library systems nationwide. First is worldcat.org, the nationwide interlibrary loan system. Second is calcat.org, the California interlibrary loan system, that also reports the book's availability in "worldwide" library systems. Neither system lists ALL the libraries in the USA or the world, but you can get a feel for your book's availability from them.

Worldcat lists 177 library systems that have 1-12 copies of A REAL BASKET CASE, and Calcat lists 221 library systems. So, I'm going to take a rough average of the two and assume I've crossed the threshold of 200 library systems. Time to celebrate! (I'll use any excuse to eat chocolate.)

I'm trying to make sure at least one copy of my book is in all 50 states and I have 4 to go: Hawaii, Mississippi, North Dakota, and Vermont. If you live in one of those states, please request my book at your library, then let me know the name of the library by clicking on "Contact Me" at my website, www.bethgroundwater.com . If the book is already in your library, let me know that, too, so I can cross the state off my list. My next goal will be all the provinces in Canada!

No comments: