Monday, May 10, 2010

I've Been Tagged!

Friend and fellow Colorado author Patricia Stoltey tagged me on her blog to answer the following five questions about myself.

For a "Tag" you answer 5 questions 5 times to share a bit about yourself. I hope my answers are as entertaining and enlightening as Pat's were!

Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?

1. Living with my husband and children in our home in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which is currently up for sale.
2. Shopping my first mystery manuscript (A Real Basket Case) to literary agents.
3. Revising the second manuscript for the series (To Hell in a Handbasket) while desperately hoping the first one sells.
4. Making plans to vacation in Cozumel, Mexico, over Thanksgiving week, which were changed to Mazatlan after hurricane Emily wiped out Cozumel.
5. Celebrating the publication of my second short story, "Global Domination," in the Kansas Writers Association anthology, Words Out of the Flatlands.

Question 2 - Where would you like to be in five years?

1. Living in Breckenridge, Colorado.
2. Thinner and fitter as a result.
3. Celebrating the appearance of my ninth novel on the New York Times bestseller list. (It's good to dream big.)
4. Packing for an extended trip to the Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu.
5. Enjoying my first grandchild. (Not to pressure my children or anything!)

Question 3 - What is on your to-do list today?

1. Write two blog posts.
2. Give a set of website updates to my husband, who is my techie guru.
3. Enter a bunch of new names from Malice Domestic and the Festival of Mystery into my newsletter subscriber list.
4. Make plans for a trip to the Texas hill country in June.
5. Get some exercise!

Question 4 - What snacks do you enjoy?

1. Chocolate, the darker the better.
2. Berries of all kinds.
3. Air-popped popcorn.
4. Walnuts dipped in Nutella (my guilty pleasure).
5. Frozen chocolate pops (notice a theme here?).

Question 5 - What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Become what I've always wanted to be, a philanthropist, and donate money wisely to my favorite causes where it would do the most good.
2. Travel to all the places on my long "bucket list."
3. Help our grown kids and other relatives and friends fulfill their special dreams.
4. Build or buy a dream house in Breckenridge and fill it with entertaining games and sports toys so the family will always want to visit.
5. Employ a full-time housekeeper, gardener, and cook.

Now I get to tag five other bloggers I admire. I choose:

1. Bill Crider at Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine
2. Jen Forbus at Jen's Book Thoughts
3. Lesa Holstine at Lesa's Book Critiques
4. Janet Rudolph at Mystery Fanfare
5. D. P. Lyle at The Writer's Forensic Blog

3 comments:

Lesa said...

Oooh. This is going to take some time to provide some thoughtful answers. Thank you, Beth. I enjoyed reading your posting. Now, I have to think about it.

CA Heaven said...

Breckenridge is great. I used to ski there when we lived in Colorado many years ago >:)

Cold As Heaven

Beth Groundwater said...

Lesa,
Let me know when you post your answers. I want to read them!

Cold As Heaven,
I agree with you about Breckenridge, which is why we live there part-time now and hope to live there full-time soon!