Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Independence Day!!


Here's a big shout out to all of my readers who are fellow citizens of the United States of America. Happy Independence Day! I hope this July 4th finds you happy, healthy, and safe and among friends and family in a celebratory mood. I'm looking forward to a typical small-town celebration in Breckenridge, Colorado: a morning parade that includes lots of kids on decorated bikes, an airshow by a stunt pilot, brats on the BBQ with friends for lunch, a concert on the lawn, and more. Between the festivities, I'll be taking a moment of silence to thank our brave servicemen and women who keep our country safe.

One thing I won't be doing is watching a fireworks show. That's because we are under a stage 2 fire ban here in Summit County due to the continuing high danger of wildfires. That means no open fires and no fireworks, not even sparklers. More fires is the last thing Colorado needs! I will be celebrating, however, that the Waldo Canyon fire, which threatened so many friends' homes and destroyed a few, seems to be mostly under control now. Praise God! And praise the USA!

No comments: