Thursday, May 02, 2013

Library Appearances

As part of the local celebrations of National Library Week, I appeared at three library author events in Colorado during April. First was the Pikes Peak Library District's Mountain of Authors. Here I am at the event, holding the cover art for my upcoming June release, Fatal Descent.


I had a great time reconnecting with Colorado Springs friends at the event, including librarians, readers, and fellow authors. At the next event, the Longmont Library's Colorado Author Open House, I got to sit next to mystery author friend Linda Berry and hear all about her adventuresome trip to Antarctica. After the event was over, Linda and I met up with librarian Sherri Jennings and her husband to share a bottle of wine and swap stories. What an interesting day!

The final event last weekend was the Englewood Library's Colorado Author Open House. While there, I shared a table with friend and fellow author Jeanne Stein. She has her pitch fine-tuned down to three words, "Urban fantasy, vampires." If people look interested, she continues. I'll have to figure out how to follow her lead!

I talked to both Jeanne and fellow mystery author Mike Befeler about avenues for self-publishing. More and more traditionally published authors are considering turning to self-publishing for standalone titles, backlist titles, short story collections, or other projects outside of their mainstream traditional projects. It's a whole new world out there! Below is a photo that Mike took of Jeanne and me, and below that is a photo of all the participating authors.



No comments: