Friday, May 10, 2013

Swiftwater Rescue Conference Coming in October


The American Canoe Association has made plans for a Swiftwater Rescue Conference this October on the Tuckaseege River in Dillsboro, NC. These conferences and swiftwater rescue classes are training grounds for river rangers such as Mandy Tanner, the protagonist in my RM Outdoor Adventures mystery series. I observed a swiftwater rescue class before writing Deadly Currents, the first book in the series.

The ACA conference will include sessions on the future of swiftwater rescue, cinching systems, steep creek rescue, safety trends, boat unpinning, and other fascinating (to me!) topics. I wish I could attend, soak up all the knowledge, and interview river rangers there, but unless a sugar daddy comes up with funding for me, I'll have to sit by the sidelines for now and dream. If any of my blog readers is going, take notes and photos for me, please!!

No comments: