Monday, December 11, 2006

Advance Review Copies Arrive!

Much excitement today--the doorbell rings, the dog barks, and a large package is dropped off by the UPS man. The box contained my shipment of the Advance Review Copies (ARCs) for A Real Basket Case. These are trade paperback versions of the book stamped "uncorrected proof--not for sale" that go to reviewers. My publisher, Five Star Publishing, had already sent about two dozen directly to their list of standard reviewers for their mystery line. My copies are for reviewers at ezines, reviewers at newspapers in cities where I'll be conducting signings, and for bookstore POCs when they request a copy of the book to review prior to booking a signing.

I spent a couple of hours writing letters to a half dozen ezine reviewers and packaging up those books. I'm sure the demand for the ARCs will outpace my supply, so I'm trying to choose where I send them wisely. Now, here's hoping I get some good reviews!

No comments: