Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Ski Vacation Reward for Compiling Tax Info

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it! We had our traditional colored eggs and hot cross buns for breakfast. After church, I'm off to Breckenridge, CO with the family to go skiing for a week over my son's Spring Break from school. This trip is a great reward for the grunt work I've been doing the past week compiling all my expenses and income for my writing business over the the past week. I definitely lost money again last year, and my hope is that this year, with plans to only attend one conference (so far), I'll make a small profit. I've got to show one sometime! My two and a half page mileage log may be my biggest expense last year. I put over 6,000 miles on my car going to and from various writing meetings, signings, and conferences.

No comments: