Thursday, April 03, 2008

Local Newspaper Coverage

My Agatha Award nomination for Best First Novel has garnered some attention from local newspapers after my publisher sent out press releases. Patti Thorn gave me a mention in her March 19th Books column in the Rocky Mountain News, which is quoted below:

"Kudos are in order for two local authors recently notified of prestigious honors:

* Gary Schanbacher, author of the widely praised story collection Migration Patterns, from Fulcrum, has received an honorable mention in this year's Hemingway Foundation/PEN awards. Rocky critic Joan Hinkemeyer wrote of Migration: "Schanbacher's unflinching prose is also lyrical. With the accuracy of a laser, it lays bare the deepest emotions of the human heart."

* Beth Groundwater's mystery, A Real Basket Case, has been nominated for best first novel for the Agatha Awards. If she wins, she'll be in the company of prestigious past winners including Nevada Barr and Elizabeth George. Winners will be announced April 26.

---
Also, the Colorado Springs newspaper, the Gazette, will be running a feature article on me and the Agatha nomination in their Life section on Monday, April 7th. A photographer came out to the house to take my photo and I met with feature writer Bill Reed this Monday. I gave him waaay more information than he needs for an article, so I'm curious what he decides to write about.

No comments: