Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Alone

My husband has been helping a friend move his brand-new cruiser from the boatyard in Key West, FL to it's new home in Annapolis, MD for the past two and a half weeks. And my son left yesterday for a 3-day Future Business Leaders of America state competition. That left me and the dog home alone for 3 days. I've been using the time to catch up on a number of writing tasks, such as updating my blog with this entry, awarding a prize in my email newsletter contest, making a list of website updates for when my husband/website-guru returns, preparing for the Malice Domestic conference, and jotting thoughts about scenes in my evolving outline for my next mystery.

My dog is darn bored! She just left my writing office with a snort of disgust. I did take her out in the yard yesterday while I spread mulch and we'll go for a walk tomorrow, but I'm not very good company now--mostly sitting at the computer all day and reading Agatha Award nominee books at night. My husband gets home Wednesday evening from his travels, and I leave Thursday morning for Malice. We'll be like ships passing in the night!

No comments: