Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Splashing Into Some Deadly Research

Over at Inkspot today, the blog for Midnight Ink authors, I'm talking about the remote whitewater rafting trip I'm taking this week to conduct research for the third book in my RM Outdoor Adventures mystery series starring whitewater river ranger Mandy Tanner. Please stop by and make a comment. As soon as I get back to dry land and someplace with wifi access, I'll respond.

If you're a writer, what is an interesting/dangerous research experience you've gone through to make your fiction realistic? If you're a reader, how much realism do you expect in a fictional mystery, and do you enjoy mysteries that take place in risky outdoor settings or activities?

2 comments:

Tea said...

Yep, I luv risky outdoor settings in my mysteries. Also like to read and learn tidbits about real places.

Beth Groundwater said...

Hi Tea,
Thanks for your comment! I hope you enjoy reading about Mandy Tanner's whitewater adventures in Deadly Currents and her future planned books: Wicked Eddies in May, 2012 and Cataract Canyon in May, 2013.