Sunday, February 25, 2007

Congratulations to two Agatha Award Nominees

The attendees of the Malice Domestic mystery conference for fans of traditional or "cozy" mysteries award the Agatha prize, named for Agatha Christie, yearly to writers in various categories. Two fellow Sisters in Crime members, who have become friends of mine, have been nominated for the prize in two categories:

L.C. Hayden, Best Novel, for her book, WHY CASEY HAD TO DIE
Sandra Parshall, Best First Novel, for her book, THE HEAT OF THE MOON

I'm so pleased for them, and I'll be rooting for them to win when I attend the conference May 4-6 in Arlington, VA. It turns out that L.C. and I will be driving together afterward to attend the Festival of Mystery in Oakmont, PA the next day, May 7th. The long drive and sharing a room will allow us to really cement our friendship. And, Sandy and I will conduct a joint booksigning at the Creatures 'n Crooks Bookshoppe in Richmond, VA on Saturday, May 12th. I'm hoping that some of the cachet from these two Agatha nominees will rub off on me!

No comments: