Sunday, November 25, 2007

Pre-Turkey Day Research

For the week of Thanksgiving I went to Breckenridge, CO with my husband and son for a vacation. The skiing was the worst of any Thanksgiving since we moved to Colorado in '92. Most resorts only had a few runs open with man-made snow and the lift lines were HUGE. So, I drove down to Salida, CO the day before Thanksgiving to complete research for my whitewater river ranger mystery manuscript. I had four locations I needed to check out--a beauty parlor, a particular spot on the Arkansas river, an upscale neighborhood south of town, and the new medical center under construction. All are included in scenes, and I had made guesses about them from websites or other research sources. It was a good thing I made the trip, because I discovered information that means I will need to make changes to all four scenes now!

No comments: