Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From Cyberspace to Real Space


I spent most of March in cyberspace, promoting the March 8th release of Deadly Currents on a virtual book tour. I've switched gears in April, coming out of my basement writing office to conduct signings and other appearances in real space. I have one or two events every weekend except Easter weekend. I took that weekend off and scheduled an event the Thursday prior to it instead.

April 28th, I step on a plane to head for the east coast and a whirlwind week and a half of appearances. In the meantime, for those of you who live in Colorado, here's what I have to offer in the way of signings:

Saturday, April 16, 2011, 1–3 PM
Beth Anne’s Book Corner
1532 North Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Beth Anne will bring out her chocolate fountain, and I'll bring the goodies to dip into it. For chocoholics, this is an event not to be missed! And as a chocoholic myself, I have to admit that it's the one I'm looking forward to the most. :)

Sunday, April 17, 2011, 1–3 PM
Meet the Faces Behind the Books
Englewood Public Library
1000 Englewood Pkwy., Englewood, CO 80110

If you click on the link, you'll see a list of the dozens of authors who are coming to this event. I sure hope the authors don't outnumber the patrons. Seriously, though, you'll find books for every age and taste imaginable. You could knock off your whole birthday gift list for the year in one afternoon!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:30–7 PM
1 Hour Signing followed by open-to-the-public Book Club Discussion
The Book Haven
128 F Street, Salida, Colorado 81201

For those of you who don't live in Salida, make a day trip of it, come early and tour the setting for Deadly Currents. If you haven't seen the inside of Victoria Tavern, that's a must-see, as is the downtown whitewater park. You may even see a kayaker in the river, working on his or her moves.

And, if you like to discuss books with other thoughtful readers, this is the event for you. After the one hour signing, I'll be sitting down with the store's book club and anyone else who wants to join us for a discussion of Deadly Currents. Have you seen the list of book club discussion questions I prepared for the book? Go HERE. If you are in a book club and would like me to visit your club, either remotely or in person if you meet within an hour's drive of Colorado Springs or Breckenridge, contact me at my website.

PS. Don't forget that I'm running a photography contest. I'm looking for photos of Deadly Currents in its "natural setting" (eg. bookstores and libraries). Please enter! The odds of winning are very good. :)

No comments: