Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top Ten Review Blurbs for DEADLY CURRENTS


During the few months before the release of Deadly Currents, the first book in my new Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures mystery series, and during the month after the release, I've been collecting review blurbs from print and on-line book reviewers. I posted a few of them as they were published, but I decided to gather them all up and share a short blurb from my top ten favorites with my blog readers. Needless to say, I've been very, very pleased with and thankful for the reception Deadly Currents has received from reviewers.

If you have read Deadly Currents, I'd love to hear what you think of it, either personally, by contacting me at my website, or even better, on-line at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, or anywhere else other mystery readers could see your reviews.

Here's the Top Ten:

“Readers who enjoy fast-moving stories and wilderness environments will keep turning the pages of this promising series debut.”
-- Booklist Online, January 24, 2011

“Groundwater kicks off a new series that combines outdoor action with more than a modicum of old-fashioned detection.”
-- Kirkus Reviews, January 15, 2011

“This enjoyable first in a new cozy series from Groundwater introduces Mandy Tanner, ‘a brand new seasonal river ranger’ on Colorado's Arkansas River.”
-- Publisher's Weekly, January 10, 2011

“With a fresh locale and a spunky ... heroine, this is a promising new series by the author of the gift-basket designer Claire Hanover mysteries.”
-- Library Journal, March 1, 2011

“Groundwater’s novel is filled with river lore, vivid descriptions, and loving depictions of the varied characters who make up the tight-knit community.”
-- Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, June, 2011

“This was a wave-smashing soak-yourself-to-the-bone ride and I’m looking forward to the next adventure in this energizing series.”
-- Dru’s Book Musings, March 17, 2011

“The novel moves like a category five: raging, foaming, and churning all the way to the end. Hold on to the covers of this novel, the pages turn quickly, as racing through this whodunit is not an option.”
-- Gelati’s Scoop, March 1, 2011

Deadly Currents leaves the readers thirsty for more. The writing is simple but superb, the characters come alive--rising from the pages because of their realistic depictions and dialogue.”
-- Miami Books Examiner, March 5, 2011

“Those who enjoy environmental mysteries – Sandi Ault’s Jamaica Wild series, Nevada Barr’s Anna Pigeon series, C.J. Box’s Joe Picket series, ... to name just a few – will welcome this new addition to their ranks.”
-- Mystery Series Examiner, February 20, 2011

“In Deadly Currents you will be taken through the rapids just as fast and just as deadly as the river itself. She will also give you one last Class IV ride at the very end as she reveals the true killer. Reading Deadly Currents has made me feel as though I’ve actually ridden the river myself.”
-- A Book and A Dish, March 16, 2011

2 comments:

Mario Acevedo said...

My favorite was the blurb from Library Journal as I like spunky heroines.

A. F. Stewart said...

Some great reviews for Deadly Currents.

Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that I'm passing on the Inspiration Award to you and your blog.
You can check out and pick up the award here: http://afstewartblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-inspiration-and-bloggers.html