Thursday, November 15, 2012

Opening Day at Breckenridge Ski Resort

Last Friday, November 9th, was the opening day for the Breckenridge Ski Resort, and my husband and I were there to join in the festivities. We arrived early to make sure we got our free cinnamon rolls, then rode up the Colorado Chair to take our first of five runs on the Springmeier trail. At the top of the chair, I had my photo taken with Ullr, the Norse god of snow and winter, who was out having a fun time hanging out with the early skiing enthusiasts.


Then we headed for the T-Bar at the base of Peak 8, for a split of Veuve Clicquot champagne, which was on sale for a deeply discounted price to celebrate the opening. My husband and I had our photo take with the Veuve Clicquot promotion girls, whose jackets are the same color as the labels for their champagne bottles. (Notice Ullr in the background!) It was a fun half day all around and a great way to open the season!

2 comments:

Maria Rintala said...

Love Ullr's hat. But I'm glad he's wearing it, not me.

Looks like a great day. (We all need those once in a while.)

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Maria. It was indeed a fun day!