Thursday, February 20, 2014

Competing in the Summit County 50+ Winter Games

Last week, I took part in the Summit County 50+ Winter Games. Eighty-five athletes aged 50 to 85 competed in twelve events spread over two days. I competed in four events: Giant Slalom, Rally Race (ski around gates to match a time, not go the fastest), Obstacle Course (ski under, over, around and through obstacles), and the Short (1 kilometer) Snowshoe Race. I'm very pleased to report that I medaled in every event I entered! Three gold medals and one silver. Some photos are posted below.

Here I am (on the left) at the end of the snowshoe race with two fellow competitors.


Below is a group photo of the alpine event competitors. I'm second from the left, sitting on the floor.


And, here I am with medals spread across my chest with my husband, who had more competition from fellow men in his age category, so he only won one medal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl!

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Martha! You should consider participating next year. You don't have to be a Summit County resident, and the events are a lot of fun.

Heather said...

Way to go, Beth!