Friday, February 28, 2014

Moose on the Loose

This morning, I went over to the Breckenridge Nordic Center to snowshoe twice around the Willow Trail loop (5 kilometers total). I ended up having to vary my plan a little, snowshoeing until I found two moose, then because I didn't want to pass right beside the moose, retracing my steps back to the beginning of the trail at the Nordic Center. Then I snowshoed in the other direction around the loop until I reached the two moose again and turned around. I did manage to take a photo of the moose (see below) with my new-to-me iPhone 4s that I'm learning how to use. The moose didn't seem to be very concerned about the Nordic skiers and snowshoers who happened by, but none of us were going to take the chance of getting too close for their comfort.


2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

I wouldn't want to get to close to a moose, either. But how cool to get the photo! You have some mighty fine adventures, Beth.

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Pat! Living in Summit County, CO, is conducive to having adventures. ;-)