Sunday, March 06, 2011

Fifth Stop on my Virtual Book Tour: Cozy Chicks


Today on the fifth day of my virtual book tour, I am at the Cozy Chicks blog. My guest article talks about the beautiful and adventurous setting for my new mystery, Deadly Currents: Salida, Colorado, and the upper Arkansas River valley. I even provided some photos of this lovely place.

Deadly Currents
is the first book in my new RM Outdoor Adventures mystery series starring whitewater river ranger Mandy Tanner. It will be released in three days (March 8th) and has received good reviews in Booklist, Kirkus Reviews, Library Journal, and Publishers Weekly and from other reviewers.

Please stop by and join the discussion of book settings. Have you ever read a book, fallen in love with its setting, and made a trip to that location? What about Colorado? Ever visited my home state?

Also, Rosa St. Claire's interview of me for the Miami Books Examiner that was supposed to appear on March 4th appeared yesterday on March 5th. And she added a lovely review of Deadly Currents! In the interview, she asks me about my family background, my writing and books, what I like to read, people I admire, and more. She requested some childhood photos, so you can see what I looked like as a little girl and a teenager. If you haven't had a chance to look at it yet, please do and leave a comment.

Remember, if you post a comment at either Cozy Chicks or the Miami Books Examiner you will be entered into a contest for a free copy of Deadly Currents.

You can find the schedule of my complete Virtual Book Tour HERE. I hope you'll read each day's post, and leave a comment on each one. And I hope you'll spread the word about my book and my VBT to your mystery-reading friends. Good luck in the contest!

1 comment:

walk2write said...

Good luck with the release of your new novel. It sounds wonderful, but then I'm kinda partial to natural settings.