Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Left Coast Crime: Report 2

This is the second report, with photos, about my trip to Santa Fe, NM, for the Left Coast Crime conference. I ended Report 1 with the Friday evening blessing ceremony. After that, we all chowed down on the plentiful appetizers and the "Mass Market Murderers" made a supreme effort to get liquored-up enough to gather our courage for our later performance of "Paperback Writer" by the Beatles. The photos below are from that hilariously awful rendition--after my muscle pose with program chair Rob Kresge. I've been told we'll be YouTube stars soon. (Shudder!)




Saturday morning was the Established Author Breakfast, where I made my pitch for Deadly Currents, and where I met up with Becke Martin, who runs the Barnes & Noble on-line Mystery Book Club (photo below).



After listening to Craig Johnson's delightful interview of Margaret Coel (photo above), I lunched with the Sisters in Crime Guppies chapter members who were attending the conference, about a dozen of us (photos below).

Patricia Gulley, Avery Aames, Kaye George.

Gigi Pandian, Elizabeth (Liz) Wilkerson, Mysti Berry.

Jill Amadio, me, Kari Wainwright's sister.

Kari Wainwright, Tammy Kaehler, Gigi Pandian.


Then I listened to the "Series vs Standalones" panel of authors who have written both: Michael A. Black, G.M. Malliet, Janet Dawson, Rosemary & Larry Mild, and Penny Warner (photo below). After volunteering in the Hospitality Suite, I napped in my room, then refreshed, dressed for the banquet. I sat at my good friend LC Hayden's table (photo below).



Sunday morning, I breakfasted with Kris Neri and the conference chair, Pari Noskin Taichert, attended the "Police Procedurals" panel moderated by LC Hayden, then hit the road. I stopped in Pueblo, CO, for a signing on the way home to Colorado Springs, did a couple loads of laundry, then fell into bed and slept for ten and a half hours!

And here's the YouTube link to the slide show from our "Murder in the Great Outdoors" panel. it's short and sassy!

2 comments:

lil Gluckstern said...

I just had to say how much I enjoyed the film. Very clever and soothing at the same time-nice music, Sandi! Nice job and funny too. Now to check out your books...

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks for the compliment on the slide show! We all contributed photos, but Sandi got real creative with it.