Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Flood of Positive Publicity for Deadly Currents


A veritable flood of exciting news has appeared in the press and on-line about my new mystery book release, Deadly Currents. Take a look:

One of the most exciting news tidbits for me is a wonderful complimentary review of Deadly Currents in the June, 2011 issue of Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. Pick up a copy to read the whole review, but here's what my publicist calls a pull-line:

"Groundwater’s novel is filled with river lore, vivid descriptions, and loving depictions of the varied characters who make up the tight-knit community."

The Colorado Springs Independent printed an interview with me in their March 17th issue, titled "Full Speed Ahead."

My New Books essay, "Deadly Research," about the research I did for the book appeared in the Winter, 2011 issue of Mystery Scene. You can't read the essay on-line, but you can order the issue or subscribe at the website. Also, I'm currently attending the Left Coast Crime conference, and that issue is in everyone's book bag! A reviewer for Mystery Scene who is attending the conference asked me to sign her advanced review copy and said she just turned in her positive review of Deadly Currents to the editors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will make the cut and appear in the next issue!

Mega-mystery-fan Dru Ann Love gave a wonderful 5-star review to Deadly Currents on her blog and in her "Dru's Cozy Report: March Reading List" monthly post to the Cozy Chicks blog.

And here's another great review from a mystery reader at her blog ALMS and Entertainment.

Omnimystery News mentions my river ranger sleuth, Mandy Tanner, in their "Firsts on the 1st" article for March.

Lastly, Deadly Currents is available in over 135 library systems (so far!), from Alaska to Maine, as recorded in the Worldcat System. See if it's in yours!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reviews are awesome! How excited you must be. I'M excited to read your book.

Dru said...

I'm happy you're getting positive feedback on Deadly Currents. Can't wait to read the next book in this series.

Ricky Bush said...

I think you owe yourself a steak dinner--or whatever floats your boat.

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks so much, Ann, Dru, and Ricky, for your comments and congratulations!

Ricky,
What really floats my boat is a good lobster dinner, and it's been ages since I've had one. Maybe it's time!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news.
Donna

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Donna!